Monday, October 3, 2011

When It Rains, It Pours (Medical Update 2)


Does this describe you…


In the game of Deal or No Deal, you manage to get the lowest dollar briefcase or you make a deal with the banker and you had a better deal in your briefcase…

When you have money saved up for something good, it more often than not has to go towards an emergency…

Things seem to be looking up and events happen that cause the outlook to once again become bleak…

When it rains, it pours.

After my Medical Update, I had been trying to stick with taking the medication, but on some days it made me feel so sick, I just couldn’t take it. So I’m not quite finished with it yet.

But something happened to me that trumps even this aggravation.

This past Tuesday, while on my temp assignment, I was in some pain. At first, I thought it was just my cramps being worse than usual. The medication I’m taking is supposed to start up my cycle, and the ob/gyn warned me it may be more intense than what I’m used to. I didn’t think anything of it. I took some Aleve (which normally works on the worse of my cramps) and waited for it to get to work.

After I got off from my assignment, a few hours later I was feeling a bit hungry. I was kind of in the mood to try the new pizza that Domino’s had to offer; the sweetie and I went to pick up some pizza and some more food. I was taken aback my cramps were still just as bad at this time as they were before, since normally the Aleve would have kicked in by now. It was suggested I take my other painkiller, but I couldn’t take it without eating food.

Once I got back to the apartment, I ate a few slices of pizza and took the painkiller. I noticed I still felt a bit uneasy, and the pain seemed to intensify. I thought maybe if I soak it would help to alleviate the brunt of the cramps, so I attempted that. I noticed while I was soaking that I was feeling a little queasy and had a lump in my throat.

Usually with me, when I feel something stuck in my throat, it represents I’m going to upchuck (throw up). I definitely hate throwing up, so I was hoping if I did enough swallowing, it would stay down. I even tried drinking something, hoping that would help.

But I have a feeling it sped up the process instead.

So no more pizza, drink, or painkiller.

I thought that was the end of the throwing up.

The pain was getting worse. I couldn’t sit still. I couldn’t lay down. I was in tears…absolutely unbearable. And then, it was mistaken about the throwing up because I threw up three more times.

As much as I hate hospitals, I had to get taken to one. There was no way this was ordinary cramps…I’ve had some bad ones but not to the point where I couldn’t sit, lay, or walk.

So I got to the hospital…was very glad I didn’t have to wait too long. Guess they were probably tired of me wailing in pain in the wheelchair.



They tested my levels, and needless to say, it was my levels that were causing me to be in such pain. The pain was resonating not only in my abdomen but it was affecting my kidneys. Sugar was also found in my urine. The messed up part was that I didn’t even eat or drink anything much that particular day…except for the sandwich and a small bottle of Gatorade. The pizza and drink I pretty much threw up, so I’m still a bit baffled how the reading was as high as it was.

So as a result, I was in the ER for about eleven hours, since they were trying to get my levels down and the pain to subside, and lost two days of work.

I scheduled an appointment with the clinic, so they can give me a primary doctor who can help get my levels under control as well as a nutritionist to help out.



I hate being this sick, but I have to deal and try the best I can to manage. I’m glad the sweetie is by my side through all of this. At times, I get pretty lonely. I want to be around Grandma during a time like this; she would always make me feel better when I’m not feeling good. On the same token, I don’t want her to get so overly worried about my health that it’s a detriment to her own.

I know He doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle, and yet, at times, I feel as if He gives me an abundance of stuff to handle…


It’s just starting to feel way too heavy.


I got to jet; need a moment.


One.


No comments: