Friday, April 13, 2012

Medical Debacle Update




No, I hadn’t forgotten. I have just had my mind on other things.

After receiving the COBRA letter, I drafted correspondence to the staffing agency to follow up on the situation regarding my insurance coverage, which got forwarded to the proper people.

I got a brand new story that my insurance ended in January, rather than February. However, when I went to my doctor’s appointment in January, it still came up in the system it was valid.

I was given the option to either sign back up with the insurance, although in their records, they claim to be behind in premium collections, or I could decide to leave the insurance be, and they could reimbursement for all the premiums that were deducted from my paychecks in February and March.

After the debacle, I opted to just get my money back. I don’t want to have to deal with walking into an office, not knowing whether my coverage is going to be gone next time I’m in there. It’s just too risky. If I am paying out of pocket, I know it will be taken care of.

I’m waiting on delivery of the check.

If the check doesn’t make it, then you will probably see an update of this update.

One.

No comments: